So, you think you’ve mastered the art of letting properties?
With every tenant you place and every lease you renew, you grow more confident in your prowess as a confident, caring and capable landlord.
But are you one of the best landlords in London?
We’ve put together a quick quiz to help you find out.
Let’s get started.
Do you regularly update your properties?
- Of course! I make sure everything’s in top shape.
- When I remember.
- Not unless something breaks.
- I leave that to my letting agent.
How would you handle a late rent payment?
- Discuss a repayment plan.
- Issue a late fee.
- Eviction notice right away.
- Consult my letting agent for the best course of action.
What’s your go-to marketing strategy?
- Social media & online platforms
- Traditional newspapers
- A sign in the window
- I let my experienced letting agent handle it.
How quick are you to respond to repair requests?
- Within 24 hours.
- Within a week.
- Whenever I can.
- My letting agent responds promptly for me.
What do you value most in a tenant?
- Reliability and communication.
- Ability to pay the highest rent.
- Lack of complaints.
- Whatever qualities my letting agent recommends based on their experience and knowledge.
Scores On The Doors:
Tally your answers and find out if you are among the best landlords in London.
Mostly As: Congratulations, you’re a model landlord. You’ve got the perfect mix of attentiveness, professionalism and knowledge.
Mostly Bs: You’re doing well but there’s room for improvement. Consider brushing up on best practices.
Mostly Cs: You may want to revisit your approach to being a landlord. Your tenants and your bottom line will thank you for it.
Mostly Ds: Smart move! You understand the value of a trusted, ethical letting agent in managing properties successfully.
Whether you’re an old hand at this or relatively new to being a landlord, there’s always something fresh to learn.
And remember, being a great landlord isn’t just about you—it’s about providing an excellent experience for your tenants, too.
If you’re a ‘Mostly Ds’ kind of landlord, it seems you’ve already got that in the bag.
If you’re looking for any lettings advice, contact us today.