Established in 2002, MyLondonHome is an Award-winning estate agency offering an honest approach to real estate in Central London. Our brand values are about being driven, trusted, and passionate London property professionals whom people turn to for expert advice and, ultimately, to let their property. We aim to always be professional, respectful, and positive because it’s all about our clients and helping them navigate an often complicated and constantly changing market.
About the Role
My London Home have created a brand new lettings and property management department, a team where every member is valued, rewarded and given the opportunity to excel, where the traditional barriers between front and back office are eroded, where we succeed and celebrate together.
We are now looking to recruit our first Tenancy Manager. This is a dual role where the Tenancy Manager is responsible for the progression of tenancies and, where applicable, the onward management of the property, ensuring a streamlined, single point of contact experience for our landlords and tenants. As the ‘first through the door’, we are looking for a candidate that can grow with the business, someone that is looking to progress and who will hopefully develop into a leader within the organisation.
What you’ll be doing – your accountabilities
- Once referencing is complete, take ownership of the onward progression of the tenancy, ensuring all pre-tenancy checklist items have been completed.
- Arrange pre-tenancy works, to include safety certification, cleaning, inventory arrangements and any agreed terms of the tenancy, and conduct pre-tenancy checks to ensure the property is ready for occupation.
- Carry out first-day walk through of property with tenants.
- Check that initial monies have been received prior to key release, and that all documents required have been signed by both parties and uploaded to the CRM.
- Act as the single point of contact for landlords and tenants during the course of the tenancy, providing excellent customer service and communications at all times.
- Arrange and deal with maintenance issues as they arise, ensuring that all maintenance issues are reported via Fixflo and resolved in line with the SLA’s in place.
- Organise renewal of gas safety and electrical safety certificates, EPC’s, and ensure that smoke and carbon monoxide alarm requirements are met.
- Check all maintenance invoices, upload to RPS and approve within 48hrs of receipt.
- Undertake mid-term property inspections in line with our terms of business, reporting to the Landlord and resolving any issues that arise from the visit.
- Ensure both landlord and tenant comply with statutory and contractual obligations throughout the tenancy.
- Arrange renewals of the tenancy where appropriate, liaising with all parties to agree rent increases and renewed terms.
- Review tenant notices and prepare and serve landlord notices when required.
- Arrange end of tenancy check-out inspection and complete related processed.
- Review check-out reports and prepare deposit dilapidation schedules, seek agreement on deductions from both parties.
- Where necessary, submit deposit disputes to TDS for arbitration.
- Welcome visitors into the office alongside other staff members and assist them with their enquiries.
- Proactively maintain your knowledge of lettings legislation.
- Ensure the necessary processes and procedures are in place to support compliance.
- Ensure data entry is accurate and any missing data is obtained and updated
Perks & Benefits
- Performance-related incentives & bonuses
- Funded Propertymark ARLA training
- Increasing holiday entitlement
- Pension Scheme
- Company mobile
Skills required for the job
- A smart appearance and professional approach is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-focused with commitment to maintaining excellent service standards at all times
- Team Player
- Must possess a composed manner in order to be able to work under pressure and problem solving
- Organised and systematic – ability to prioritise workloads
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Specified processes and routines, work to a fast-paced environment
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and user knowledge of Reapit preferred
Experience you would be expected to have
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role